On behalf of seven ChildFund member organisations of the ChildFund Alliance we are seeking a strong Director to start up and manage an EU liaison office in Brussels. All eight organisations are part of ChildFund Alliance a global alliance of 12 child-centred development organisations working in 58 countries to implement long-lasting and meaningful changes for children and families living in poverty. In this challenging and attractive position your work will make a real difference in international and recognized development organizations, working along with competent and motivated colleagues.
- To start up and manage ChildFund EU Liaison office in Brussels;
- To position ChildFund as a key development actor and reliable partner to the EU;
- To establish and manage relations with EuropeAID and ECHO and to facilitate contacts between the EU and ChildFund members;
- To collect, monitor and disseminate information and intelligence about funding opportunities and other relevant EU opportunities with ChildFund members;
- To support and interact with ChildFund members to enhance their understanding and capacity of EU grant acquisition opportunities;
- Contribute to coordinate member funding applications and facilitate dialogue between members.
- University degree (at least MA or equivalent) in an area relevant to the position (development, humanitarian aid, human rights, European affairs, international affairs, economy);
- A least 5 years proven experience of EU affairs, with particular focus on EU development cooperation, humanitarian aid and donor relations;
- Networking and lobby experience with EU institutions, with particular emphasis on EU development cooperation and external affairs (DG Dev, Europeaid;
- EEAS) and humanitarian aid (ECHO);
- Solid knowledge of and proven experience with EU funding and grant acquisition in the area of EU development cooperation and humanitarian aid;
- Proven track record in fundraising and managing EU grants?
- Understanding of or experience with children’s rights/issues is an advantage;
- Fluent in spoken and written English, working knowledge of French desirable;
- Excellent communication, networking, representational and writing skills;
- Excellent managerial and organisational skills; proven experience of managing a budget;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a large international network.
How to apply
Send your application and your CV written in English to Anne Smith Petersen, Director of Programme and People Development, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submitted by other means will not be considered. Please note only finalists will be contacted.
Deadline for submission is April 10 th, 2014, 12pm.
Interviews will take place in Brussels on 23-24 of April.
Further information about this job is available from Anne Smith Petersen email@example.com or +45 22850665.
The position is financed by the eight organisations and will be managed through a steering committee with representation from the various organisations. The EU Director will be contracted by BØRNEfonden. BØRNEfonden is the largest development organisation in Denmark based on private funds providing direct support to sponsored children, youth and their families.
For more information about our organizations please visit their websites at:
- ChildFund Australia;
- ChildFund Deutschland (Germany);
- Barnfonden (Sweden);
- ChildFund Ireland;
- Christian Children’s Fund of Canada;
- Un Enfant Par La Main (France);
It is expected that the position may require limited travel.