Editorial Conference Producer
SpeedNews is the source for news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries. SpeedNews has published industry-leading newsletters of record written in easy-to-read formats since 1979, has organized annual industry-leading suppliers conferences since 1987, and has hosted a very active Website for the aviation executive since 1995. Penton is seeking a Conferences Sales Manager to join the SpeedNews team in Los Angeles, CA office (only local candidates will be considered).
The Editorial Conference Producer is responsible for developing the editorial content for a broad portfolio of events in niche-market segments of the Aerospace Defense, Space & Security industry. The Conference Producer strategically evaluates, analyzes, and plans new projects/events by conducting in-depth research with senior industry executives and military leaders, identifying content, themes, agendas and recruiting speakers. The Editorial Conference Producer works closely with marketing, sales and the logistics/operations departments to ensure maximum commercial success for each event. All of this is done while managing within required program budgets. On-site, the Conference Producer is the supervisor of speaker logistics, audio/visual teams, presentation materials and content direction. Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of launching successful new conferences and growing revenues on established events. Conceiving and launching new events are a major part of this position.
This is a growth opportunity requiring a “take-charge” personality, sound business skills and a team-player. Must be able to prioritize and juggle many diverse projects in a timely and orderly fashion. Organize multiple concurrent projects in a dynamic environment, keeping schedules organized and on track. The workload may exacerbate the ability to meet deadlines. Regardless, deadlines must be met. The ability to interact with various levels of management within the hiring organization is required. Incumbent must be a self-starter and must be able to take action, while keeping objectives and goal of department as priority.
The Editorial Conference Producer Aerospace & Defense reports directly to the Editor-In-Chief Conferences. In addition the Conference Producer Aerospace & Defense has a dotted-line accountability to the Managing Director SpeedNews Conferences and works closely with the MD SpeedNews Conferences to ensure events are on track and meeting the needs of the A&D Community.
In addition the Editorial Conference producer Aerospace & Defense will stay in communication with the Marketing Manager, Exhibit and Sponsorship sales representatives and the event registration managers on an as needed basis.
· Developing and producing a significant number of events, which may be a mix of conferences, forums, roundtables and webinars every year;
· Create an advisory board for each event, cultivate relationships with the market buy-side, and build an active community around relevant events;
· Communicate with all program speakers to confirm program commitment and to collect all necessary information needed for program bios, abstracts, photos and equipment requirements;
· Working closely with the marketing and sales departments to drive event profitability; and,
· Travel to/from events (foreign & domestic) to manage on-site.
· 8-10 years experience producing B to B conferences;
· Track record maximizing profitability on events;
· Excellent research skills with a A&D focus;
· Strong Social Media skills to engage audience;
· Ability to work on many different projects, while remaining highly organized;
· Ability to work well under pressure;
· Strong team management skills;
· Proven track record of delivering projects on time and working under pressure;
· Meeting deadlines is essential;
· Excellent networking and follow-up skills;
· Strong Communications skills;
· Ability to engage with very senior management in A&D industry;
· Strong interpersonal and collegial skills;
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
· Enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Strong writing and editing skills;
· Ability to analyze ideas from a A&D perspective;
· Ability to speak in public with confidence before large live audiences;
· Telephone articulation;
· College Degree (Business or Communications preferred);
· Customer service focus;
· Writing/email skills;
· Organizational skills;
· Sales & Marketing knowledge;
· Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
· Social Media skills [Blogging, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.];
How to Apply
Email Dan Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the position.
To apply for this job posting, please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Please submit your resume by following this link: http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qgl9Vfwp&cs=9tlaVfwD&page=Apply&j=oudkYfwJ.