Director of Programs and Operations
Director of Programs & Operations
The Director of Programs & Operations will seek to provide oversight, guidance, and support to all ISOA programs and operations, with a special focus on coordination of all activities across the association. This Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management of key financial and operational support such as overseeing the association’s budget, accounting, and human resource-related activities, including oversight of interns. He/she will be responsible for managing all communications processes, including oversight of member data and the association website, and coordinating electronic newsletters and e-communications to members and the public. He/she will be the primary logistical lead on planning all events including small monthly events and the flagship ISOA Annual Summit. The Director will work closely with the President to support all association activities and with the Board of Directors to achieve association’s long-term goals.
This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional with a passion for international affairs and the desire to build a strong skill set in non-profit management and program management. Candidate must be extraordinarily detail-oriented with a strong ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
· Full Time.
· Office Location: Tysons Corner, VA.
· Salary commensurate with experience.
· Travel: 5%
The Director of Programs & Operations is a senior staff member and reports to the President. The Director will work closely with the Board of Directors and other member volunteer leaders. He/she will have direct oversight of up to 4 interns who provide support for membership, research, communications, government affairs, and events.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Operations & Financial Management
· Maintain and update all association Standard Operating Procedures.
· Oversee association compliance with IRS, local and national laws.
· Track budget performance and report monthly on association’s financial status.
· Has signature authority for association bank accounts, expense reimbursements, and other financial authorizations.
· Maintain accounting system with receivables and payables and provide regular reporting to the President and the Board of Directors with support from an outside accounting consultant.
· Issue invoices, conduct payment follow up, and report on outstanding receivables.
· Oversee all association accounts with vendors, including timely payment of invoices, and maintain vendor relationships.
· Manage partnership outreach and agreements and follow up with potential partners and renewing partners.
· Oversee association governance including the By-Laws and Board of Directors Rules, and conduct annual and ad hoc Board of Directors elections.
· Maintain association information technology infrastructure and determine new technology needs and potentially untapped capabilities.
· Maintain the association database, including members and non-members.
· Provide assistance to members and non-members in managing their accounts on the ISOA website, subscriptions, and updating their personal and company information.
· Manage communications process from drafting original content, conducting editorial review, plugging in content to HTML templates, and gaining approvals through to dissemination of communications via print or electronic venues.
· Develop and implement the association communications plan in collaboration with the President.
· Draft content for member-facing and public-facing monthly e-newsletters and plug in content in to HTML editor for sending.
· Develop marketing materials for membership outreach, events and the ISOA Annual Summit.
· Maintain the publications calendar and meet deadlines for content and publishing of print and online communications.
· Maintain the website and update content as needed including creating events and event announcements.
· Draft and provide editorial oversight to ad hoc member alerts.
· Maintain ISOA presence on the 3rd party social media websites including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Flickr.
· Ensure smooth delivery of Stability Operations magazine, working closely with the Editor-in-Chief.
· Coordinate sponsors, member volunteers, and Board of Directors in the development of event concepts and speaker outreach through to implementation.
· Identify potential event venues and work directly with venues to negotiate contract terms.Identify potential host or sponsor organizations for events and reach out to partners, members and potential members to secure venues for events.
· Draft all event marketing materials and coordinate onsite materials.
· Post events on the website, setup registration processes, and oversee communications schedule.
· Oversee the planning for and onsite management of the ISOA Annual Summit, acting as the primary event planning lead for the event. This includes coordinating the planning board, speaker outreach, sponsor and exhibitor management, and recruiting and overseeing interns and volunteers onsite.
Experience and Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, marketing, international affairs or communications, plus 3-5 years of relevant experience (preferred). Master’s degree preferred.
· Personal commitment to ISOA’s mission and demonstrated knowledge of global issues and ISOA’s programs and goals.
· "Start-up” and entrepreneurial mentality highly desirable.
· Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal and oral communications skills.
· Previous experience with database management and event management software.
· Previous experience developing written materials (analyses, reports, talking points, etc.) for diverse audiences required.
· Previous experience with accounting and financial management, including QuickBooks, highly desirable.
· Previous experience with HTML and basic graphic design a plus.
· Experience in engaging diverse constituencies.Ability to synthesize information and communicate it to different audiences with different levels of content.
· Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a variety of organizations and with a wide variety of functional expertise.
· Team player interested in being part of a highly functioning, fast-paced office.
· Experience writing proposals and/or legal agreements.Experience managing medium-large budgets.
· Openness and flexibility.
· Organized, detail oriented and able to manage time effectively.
· Experience managing multiple projects at once within limited timeframe.
· Continuous learning orientation.
· Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
· Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to ISOA@stability-operations.org.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply early.
Please no phone calls.