Director, Global Operations (Volunteer Position)
Are you a motivated and creative individual looking to make a global impact? Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is seeking a Director, Global Operations (multiple positions available). Directors engage YPFP members around the world, with a focus on enacting YPFP’s Global Presence Initiative (GPI). This role is vital to YPFP’s mission and requires charismatic leaders with a creative and global mindset.
The GPI, one of YPFP’s tent-pole initiatives, establishes an organizational goal of expand into new cities and countries. The YPFP Ambassadors program is the primary way that YPFP identifies new, globally minded leaders in strategically important cities around the world. Ambassadors are chosen from the private, public, and civil sectors and are expected to further YPFP's mission of fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing young professionals with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. Once identified, Ambassadors build local communities of YPFP members and connect the global membership of YPFP. The Global Operations team supports Ambassadors, with the tools necessary to conduct YPFP-branded events, form strategic partnerships with local organizations, build an online presence, and expand their communities over time to establish YPFP communities (hubs) and eventually new branches.
A Director, Global Operations works with Ambassadors in potential hub cities directly in order to bring them closer to the YPFP mission and guide them in establishing themselves locally.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serving as the YPFP Global Operations point-of-contact for numerous ambassadors/hubs
- Assist Ambassadors/hubs with programming, marketing (social media strategy), membership outreach
- Participate in weekly/bi-weekly strategy sessions with their assigned ambassadors/hubs
- Update VP Global Operations and Managing Director Global operations on ambassador/hub status and any challenges needing Executive Staff support
- Attend Washington, DC events on behalf of Global Operations that relate to their regional focus or relate to the location of their ambassador/hubs
- Liaise with other YPFP functional areas to support the operations of our ambassadors/hubs
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Current, dues-paying YPFP member
- The ability to dedicate at least 15 hours per week to YPFP
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Global mindset and creative energy
- Prior experience leading a team
- Overseas experience in Africa, Southeast Asia, East Asia, or Eastern Europe
- Foreign language ability is a plus
- Must be able and willing to interact with YPFP members from all over the world in order to facilitate their fostering of YPFP in their city
- Experience with a start-up is a plus
- Must be able to explain YPFP’s mission and how it works to potential Ambassadors
- Must be able to commit at least a year to the role