Director, Financial Operations (Volunteer Position)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers.
YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with 8,000 selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC; with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
The Director of Financial Operations deals with monetary inflow and outflow for YPFP’s global operations and reports to the Executive Vice President and President.
If you are interested in this volunteer staff position, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● To manage and account for cash inflow and outflow for YPFP’s global operations.
● To maintain a consolidated organizational budget and event-level budgets.
● To file quarterly updates, annual reports and regulatory/tax requirements, including IRS form 990.
● Analyze financial trends and providing strategic guidance to the YPFP Board of Directors and Senior Staff on topics including: revenue generation; expense and cash management; and compliance with financial regulation.
● Serve as a liaison with the various YPFP Departments, including providing accounting assistance at revenue generating events managed by the departments.
● Able to communicate effectively, think creatively, and work well both independently with little supervision, and in a team setting.
● Availability to attend regular Financial Operations meetings (approx. 1.5 hours monthly) and other monthly staff meetings as required.
● Availability to provide volunteer support at fundraisers.
● YPFP Member (dues-paying)
● Bachelors in Business, Accounting, or Finance. Work experience can be substituted.
● Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint strongly desired.
● Knowledge of QuickBooks ideal.