Digital Communications Officer
Summary of the position: The Digital Communications officer is a junior, dynamic and precise individual who proactively contributes to the delivery of ETNO's communications strategy and supports office managers in all internal and external communications tasks; creating content for ETNO’s public web site and newsletter; monitoring media and legislative developments within the European Institutions; enhancing ETNO’s presence on social networking sites; and engaging in the production of ETNO publications. The Digital Communications Officer will work closely with the Head of Communications and Media.
Candidates are kindly asked to submit their CV and cover letter by Friday 28 March to email@example.com.
- Daily monitoring of press;
- Monitoring of European Institutions information sources;
- Support for the drafting and sending of press releases;
- Maintenance of media database.
- Managing external and internal contacts database, including:
- Maintenance of the ETNO contact database and new contact searches.
- Uploading of press releases and position papers;
- Managing the news and event section, creating content and event mini-sites as needed;
- Management of thematic sections of public web site;
- Contribute to ETNO presence on social networking sites;
- Keeping member and logo pages up to date;
- Manage accounts for Intranet/Members only website.
- Produce content for newsletters, manage lay-out and distribution;
- Organise and conduct ad-hoc interviews with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Support ETNO staff in the finalisation of position papers and other publications;
- Support for the production process of printed and online documents, liaison with graphic design and production agencies;
- Contribute to the drafting of ETNO publications, including the Annual Report, with editing and proof-reading.
- Monitor and track legislative developments within the European Institutions, to support office managers;
- Attend ad-hoc external meetings and provide reporting support for managers/members.
- Regular updates of the public web site, including:
- Newsletters and publications:
- Monitoring and general support for ETNO office, including:
- Necessary skills: you have a clear understanding of the EU Institutions, have good knowledge in the field of communications and media relations and possess excellent key digital communications skills (website management, graphic support, database management, strong writing and reporting capabilities);
- Completion of an internship within an EU Institution as a communications intern would be a strong asset, as would a background in online media and/or media and communications studies in a leading European university;
- Experience: at least 1 year work/internship experience;
- Languages: English proficiency is a must (mother tongue or similar); very good knowledge of French an asset;
- Mindset: Good at multi-tasking, proactive, detail orientated, committed, willing to grow and learn, comfortable in a multi-cultural and fast-moving trade association environment.