The Bridgespan Group is a nonprofit advisor and resource for mission-driven organizations and philanthropists. We collaborate with social sector leaders to help scale impact, build leadership, advance philanthropic effectiveness and accelerate learning. We work on issues related to society’s most important challenges and breaking cycles of intergenerational poverty. Our services include strategy consulting, leadership development, philanthropy advising, and developing and sharing practical insights.
Seeking a highly motivated self-starter with a strong background in fundraising to join our growing team as a Development Associate. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong understanding of donor management systems, donor cultivation, donor research, event management, and general fundraising principles. Familiarity with higher education and veterans issues is preferred, but not required. This position is located at SVA's National Office at 1625 K St Suite 320 Washington, DC 20006.
Roles and Response
- Developing, managing, and updating SVA's donor database and CRM
- Conducting research on potential donors, to include foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Establishing and managing donor cultivation systems
- Assisting in the planning and execution of fundraising events – both for the national office and at the chapter level
- Assisting in writing grant proposals and reports
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of SVA's Student Veteran Success Corps – a corporate partnership program that connects the campus recruiting teams of companies with SVA chapters nationwide
- Communicating, via email and phone, with SVA chapters as part of the Student Veteran Success Corps
- Supporting additional fundraising initiatives and programs as directed by SVA's VP of Strategic Growth and Development
Eligibility and Requirements
- Knowledge of student veteran issues
- A Bachelor's degree
- Significant fundraising experience, at least 1-2 years, for a non-profit or similar entity
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Razor's Edge, and other CRM systems
- Ability to proactively manage various initiatives and multitask
- Ability to work independently and efficiently as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, growing organization and an enthusiasm to accept new challenges
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (not to exceed 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject, please specify the position for which you are applying. Reference the job title and Bridgespan.org when applying for a job in addition to following all application instructions in the posting.