Communications Officer (x3) Young Professionals in Foreign Policy, London (volunteer position)
YPFP London is recruiting three new Communications Officers to help execute a communications strategy in coordination with the Communications Manager, the communications team and the rest of YPFP London. The successful candidates will play a key role in promoting YPFP London to its members, the media, and on social media channels.
Key tasks will include drafting and proofing copy in collaboration with other Communications Officers and YPFP London team members to ensure a high quality of content across print and social media, the website, email marketing and viral campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have previous communications experience, knowledge of how to establish a strong social media presence, experience of managing non-personal social media accounts, the ability to communicate on social media platforms in a consistent, “on-brand” voice, experience of using social media analytics, an understanding of email market concepts, and first-class copywriting and proofreading skills.
Duration: minimum of one year
Asks & Attributes:
- Live, work or study in London
- Able to commit 5 hours per week (excluding attendance at events and staff meetings)
- Self-motivated and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels
- Experience in a professional environment is ideal, but not mandatory
Additional desired skills:
- Basic Html
- Video production & editing
- Photography and editing
- Experience in using content management systems
Details of how to apply
Closing date: Friday 5th April
Interview/start dates: successful candidates will be invited to an interview day in April.
How to apply: Please email James Coady, YPFP London Chief of Staff, at email@example.com with your CV and a short covering letter indicating your suitability for the role.
Please note we are unable to offer individual feedback on applications. All applications will be acknowledged.