- Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will provide media relations support for a number of BEUC’s priorities. These activities include drafting press releases and responding to journalist requests;
- Supporting the organisation in conveying to media, policy-makers and other external stakeholders its position on a planned EU-US trade deal (TTIP);
- Managing production of publications and other communications material by coordinating the work of external suppliers;
- Developing the social media presence of BEUC;
- Writing and editing fact sheets, newsletters, position papers, website articles and other communications material;
- Helping the coordination of communications activities of BEUC members and other NGOs;
- Assisting in news monitoring and event management tasks.
- At least bachelor degree or similar academic qualification;
- A solid communications background (at least 2 years professional experience);
- You are creative and like to brainstorm with colleagues to develop new ideas;
- You follow the newest social media developments and you have a proven track-record in applying them in a professional context;
- You have experience in using the whole range of communications tools and applying them in target-specific situations;
- Near-native English language level and additional other EU language;
- First class written and verbal communications skills. You have experience in translating policy texts into non-expert language;
- A willingness to work independently, yet fully integrate within a small team, and someone with the ability to show initiative and creativity;
- Ability to mobilise members from different cultural environments and with different organisational resources;
- Very good knowledge of the EU institutions and its political decision-making process;
- A proven interest in understanding, appreciating and articulating the consumer interest.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to promoting the consumer interests;
- A non-routine job implying involvement in several topics according to the priorities decided by BEUC with regard to the consumer interests within the EU;
- A team of experienced consumer advocates who are eager to make use of your communications skills to better convince EU stakeholders of their policy arguments;
- The opportunity to meet and work with consumer representatives and other experts from more than 30 European countries;
- A full-time one-year contract with possible renewal for 1 year, competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave).
Applications for the post, cover letter and CV, should be sent before 26 February by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Communications Officer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about BEUC go to www.beuc.eu.