Communications and Policy Intern
EUROSIF, the European Sustainable Investment Forum, is the leading European sustainable investment membership association whose mission is to develop sustainability across European financial markets. Eurosif works as a partnership of national Sustainable Investment Forums with the support of a broad range of member affiliates from the industry and related services. These include asset managers, ESG rating agencies, research and investment service providers and NGO’s. The main activities of Eurosif are public policy, research and promotion of Sustainable Investment.
Your main tasks will include:
Marketing support and Communications (80% of work time)
The role is to assist the Communications Manager of Eurosif. This will involve:
- Assisting in the production of online and/or print publications (newsletters, reports… )
- Updating Eurosif’s website
- Manage contact database for members and mailing lists
- Support for event management (annual event) and logistics
- Communicating with external and internal stakeholders, including Member Affiliates
- Other ad-hoc communications projects and duties.
Policy Assistant (20% of work time)
- Monitor legislative developments in key policy areas of interest to Eurosif
- Contribute to Eurosif Policy newsletter and EU meetings preparation
- Ad-hoc participation to policy meetings and events
- Support policy and market research as appropriate.
What qualifications should you have?
- Excellent English language communication skills, native speaker preferred
- Project Management experience especially related to events or publishing desirable
- Good working knowledge of standard office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to proofread with strong attention to details
- Previous experience on communication and some journalism or online communication training would be an asset
- Experience in website editing and/or writing on-line articles, blogs, and/or be familiar with online social communities would be an additional asset
- Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes desirable.
- Structured, very well-organised, able to multi-task
- Flexibility in undertaking a workload within tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously with a sense of initiative
- A positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience or interest in Sustainability and/or Corporate Social Responsibility desirable.