Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Campaign Officer is responsible for developing and driving integrated communications and policy campaigns on a number of BEUC’s priorities.
- Advise the organisation on prioritising issues for campaigns and selecting the most suitable campaign type;
- Develop campaign messages and identify the appropriate actions, tools and channels to convey them to relevant target audiences;
- Mobilise and support BEUC members to contribute to campaigns;
- Help planning and implementing campaigns with a special focus on efficiently integrating communications, policy and member-level actions;
- Coordinate individual campaign activities in close cooperation with communications and policy officers.
- Master degree or similar academic qualification;
- A solid communications background (at least 5 years professional experience) with special expertise in developing and managing campaigns;
- Creative mind having experience in using whole range of communications and social media tools for target-specific campaign actions;
- Professional experience in using social media tools;
- Excellent English and very good French skills. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage;
- Capability to steer other staff members and enjoying working in a team structure;
- Ability to mobilise members from different cultural environments and with different levels of organisational resources;
- Very good knowledge of the EU institutions and the political decision-making process;
- A proven interest in understanding, appreciating and articulating the consumer interest.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to promoting the consumer interests;
- A non-routine job implying involvement in several topics according to the priorities decided by BEUC with regard to the consumer interests within the EU;
- A team of experienced consumer advocates who are eager to make use of your communications skills to better convince EU stakeholders of their policy arguments;
- The opportunity to meet and work with consumer representatives and other experts from more than 30 European countries;
- A full-time one-year contract with possible extension to an open-ended contract, competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave).
- Applications for the post, cover letter and CV, should be sent before 26 February by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Campaign Officer.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about BEUC go to www.beuc.eu.