Business Development Specialist
Integrated Development is seeking a business development (proposal) specialist to oversee business development pursuits and lead capture management teams to help grow LBG’s Governance and Economic Growth (GEG) service line. This individual’s primary duty will be to shepherd the proposal process from start to finish, working effectively with technical specialists in LBG’s nationwide offices, and to lead the capture management strategy of various proposal efforts. This position will be responsible for honing win themes/selling points, contributing to technical design, and ensuring schedules are met and final products are fully-compliant and of the utmost quality.
Job Posting Date: June 15, 2013
Job Closing Date: June 30, 2013
The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for the following illustrative tasks:
- Perform detailed analysis of RFQ/RFP documents and developing detailed compliance and responsibility matrices. Collaborate with members of proposal team to develop strategy. Establish production schedule and develop a resource plan to ensure a timely response.
- Follow up with members of the proposal team on status of all proposal elements and expedite as required. Track deliverables from sub-contractors and key/non-key personnel. Maintain courteous, productive relationships with proposal partners to ensure that deliverable deadlines are met and that LBG maintains its professional reputation.
- Maintain proposal files. Edit and organize all written technical materials supplied by support groups.
- Prepare kick-off package of documents and templates to send to subcontractors based on the RFP. Explain requirements to subcontractors regarding LBG quality assurance documents and client requirements for firms and personnel.
- Technical Volume: Identify/interpret proposal layout, production and delivery requirements; create covers and dividers. With support of the proposal manager, assemble the volume.
- Annexes: Prepare all annexes including resumes and past performance references. Contribute to additional annexes through preparation of background information and tables/matrices as requested by technical lead.
- Oversee production, packaging and submission of final proposals.
- Draft technical portions of proposals, including Performance Management Plan and Case Studies.
- Draft cross-cutting parts of proposals, including gender and youth; past performance; staffing; and/or management sections of the proposal. Work with proposal manager and technical lead to revise and improve on the sections as needed.
- Work with recruitment team to review CVs and recommend local and expatriate personnel whose expertise aligns with the RFP scope of work.
- Participate in interviews of key personnel. Format candidate CVs, including writing professional summaries and strengthening CVs to align with the RFP Scope of Work.
Business Development/Relationships (external/internal)
- Work with technical leads to proactively identify potential subcontractors and resource groups for identified opportunities that are in the capture stage of proposals.
- Open lines of communication with other divisions and departments within the company to identify new opportunities and share/improve on best practices for proposals.
- Gather data for evaluation of business opportunities. Develop and fill out capture plan for identified opportunities.
- Analyze company’s past performance record within countries and technical areas; based on relevant background, write corporate qualifications statements to develop a consortium for proposals.
The successful candidate will have at minimum:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as International Relations, International Development, Communications, or Marketing.
- 1-5 years of related proposal development experience. Experience with USAID-, MCC-DFID-, and AusAid-funded proposals preferred.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented multi-tasker. Independent self-starter with effective people and negotiation skills.
- Evidence of strong writing, editing, and communications skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity and interest in international development.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) preferred.
- Fluent English required; working proficiency in a second language preferred.
How To Apply
If interested in the position, please be prepared to submit your CV/Resume and a short writing sample (5-10 pages). Interested candidates must apply online at: http://careers.louisberger.com/resume/curr_job_list.phpAbout The Louis Berger Group:THE LOUIS BERGER GROUP, INC. is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services.
Integrated Development, a division within LBG, consists of a multidisciplinary team of economic and social development specialists. Our work ranges from targeted local community development programs to larger, integrated economic growth and regional development initiatives that include SME development; inclusive financial services; agribusiness development; environmental management and clean energy; workforce development; and civil society capacity building.