InfraGard is a partnership between the FBIand the private sector. It is an association of persons who represent businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the U.S.
The Board of the InfraGard National Capital Region Members Alliance (INCRMA) is seeking a Board Intern. The Board of INCRMA is comprised of private-sector members drawn from the chapter’s 2500 business-community representatives. Working with the FBI’s Washington Field Office (WFO), we coordinate monthly meetings on a broad spectrum of infrastructure-related issues and topics. Most meetings are open to the public, but there are some sessions which are restricted to members only. In addition, the chapter has special events including tours of the FBI Academy and new member/networking sessions. We also participate in and/or support a number of other programs and events throughout the year.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work for the Board is largely remote, i.e., research or writing. We will ask you to join us for member events, which typically occur 1-2 times per month. At those events, you may help with set-up, check-in/badging, speaker and member engagement, and post-event breakdown. We will ask that you write an after-action report for inclusion in the INCRMA newsletter. Other activities may be added, including attendance at monthly Board meetings, the development of a research library for the INCRMA website, membership support, and some social media assistance (e.g., Twitter or LinkedIn).
- The expectation for hours worked is 0-10 per week. (There may be several weeks when nothing occurs, and then we might have an event that requires five hours of your time.) You would need to be available during these events so please do not apply if you cannot participate for the occasional meeting. (These are often held between 8-10am in DC, VA or MD. We understand that you likely have another job or are in school. That’s fine – and desirable. Ideally, the events are in line with what you’re doing for your employer or studying at university.)
Eligibility and Requirements
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Transportation (many of the events are in the suburbs)
- Availability during the work week
- Ability to interact with VIPs and valued members
- Solid writing and internet research skills
- An interest in national and homeland security'
Please send a cover letter and resume to INCRMAinfragard@yahoo.com. This announcement closes when the position is filled.