Blog Manager, Research Department (Volunteer Position)
The Blog Manager will oversee all blog posts and content that goes up to the blog pages of the YPFP website. S/he will assist the Publications team in creating and development of YPFP’s print and digital publications and manage the YPFP blog.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge confirmation/receipt of new blog submissions and liaise with YPFP members and writers on staff.
- Assist editors to ensure that blog submissions follow the established blog submission guidelines.
- Upload finalized submissions to the YPFP blog.
- Collaborate with and manage a dispersed team of outside contributors.
- Communicate important blog updates to the YPFP community.
- Recruit additional blog submitters as necessary.
- Shape the blog mission and direction with the Director, Publications.
- Consult with staff members on the editing of in-house materials.
- Wordsmith and card-carrying member of the grammar police.
- A strong passion for the written word in all its forms.
- Background as a writer, editor, or publications manager.
- Excellent ability to communicate well in writing.
- Experience working on blogs, journals, or newspapers.
- Ability to take direction, be a part of a team, and act independently.
- Demonstrate interest in critical foreign policy issues.
- Experience in content management, graphic design, layout, and editorial calendar is a plus!
- Intellectual rigor, honesty, and a sense of humor are major pluses!