Benefits & Opportunities Coordinator, Engagement, Membership Department (volunteer position)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders. Founded in 2004 and run by a team of more than 100 dedicated volunteers, YPFP has grown from a start up to a global community of 10,000 young professionals in more than 60 countries with branches in Washington, New York, London, and Brussels.
The Benefits and Opportunities Coordinator will assist the Director of Engagement to manage YPFP’s benefits portfolio and execute community-building initiatives. The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding creativity, personal initiative, and communications skills. Ideally, the candidate will possess experience in event planning, corporate partnerships, or fundraising.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage YPFP’s diverse member benefits portfolio, including subscription discounts, skill development discounts, and special opportunities for professional development.
- Identify potential partnerships for new membership discounts or opportunities, in conjunction with YPFP’s external relations department.
- Coordinate YPFP’s corporate communications and agreements with external partners.
- Develop and publicize information about existing and upcoming member benefits.
- Respond to member inquiries related to the member benefits portfolio.
- Identify communities of interest within YPFP membership and connect these communities with relevant resources, events, and opportunities.
- Organize monthly member social events in a diverse range of venues.
- Assist the Director of Engagement to develop an alumni member program.
- Provide assistance to other membership department projects and represent the membership department at events.
- Answer member inquiries sent to email@example.com.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- YPFP Member (dues-paying), based in Washington, D.C.
- Passion for expanding YPFP’s reputation in the foreign policy community.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills.
- Ability to plan and run events and public speaking abilities highly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple activities, manage priorities and meet tight time-lines.
- Ability to attend a membership department staff meeting once per month.
- Minimum commitment of 5 to 10 hours per week, availability to attend meetings and events on weeknights (after 5 pm), and the ability to respond to email inquiries in 48 hours under normal circumstances.
- One year commitment to position.