The Prospect is a bimonthly print and online political magazine based in Washington, D.C with a liberal lean.
The American Prospect is looking for a talented editor with social-media savvy and sharp writing skills. A leader in progressive policy and political journalism for a quarter-century, the Prospect is working to dramatically expand our digital brand. As a vital part of this effort, the associate editor will lead an expansion of our social-media operations—including Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr—while also editing staff writers and freelancers, often on tight deadlines, writing blog posts, and producing daily and weekly e-newsletters. This is a job for someone who's a voracious news consumer—and producer.'
Eligibility and Requirements
- Sophisticated knowledge about, and demonstrated success with, the full range of social-media platforms;
- At least two years of relevant professional journalism experience;
- An ability to balance multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- A strong voice as a writer and a keen eye for editing and copyediting;
- Vision and passion to produce America's best progressive journalism.
The Prospect is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a full-time position, based in Washington, D.C., with excellent benefits. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements (required), and at least three professional references to: AssociateEditor@prospect.org. Your email subject line should read: Associate Editor.