Associate Director, Public Service Department (Volunteer Position)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers.
YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a global network of 10,000 individuals who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC; with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
The YPFP Public Service team is accepting applications for an Associate Director, who will contribute to the team planning and execution of community service events in the DC area for YPFP members to participate in. Each PS staff member works to build partnerships with prominent public service organizations in the area and to provide opportunities for members to engage with global problems in our local area.
Specifically but not exclusively, this staff member will focus on education-based opportunities with local youth organizations and DC area public charter high schools focused on global issues, mentorships, workshops, Model UN, etc.
- A strong record of public service, preferably also having participated in YPFP Public Service events in the past.
- Willing to work on a team.
- Demonstrate individual initiative to find appropriate events.
- Prior experience with working with high school students on extracurricular activities is a plus.
- Must be in the Washington metropolitan region.
- General (dues-paying) YPFP member based in Washington, DC area.
To join the staff of YPFP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.