Assistant Director, Global Communications and Media Relations
The Global Communications and Media Relations department is responsible for positioning and promoting CFR via the full spectrum of media, marketing, and public relations.
Job Posting Date: June 15, 2013
Job Closing Date: June 30, 2013
- Serving as the lead on select CFR projects, including drafting press releases, doing press outreach, and setting up media conference calls or briefings
- Fielding and directing press calls
- Coordinating cross-departmental marketing meetings for CFR projects
- Tracking and reporting on media impact metrics and CFR press mentions
- Assisting with managing workflow within the department
- Working closely with the director to plan and manage the departmental budget
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field
- Degree in Communications, International Relations, or related field with proven knowledge of U.S. foreign policy and international affairs issues
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and toward the organization's strategic goals
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, database management, and social media
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary
- Candidates must be flexible, proactive, organized, and able to function in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
About the Council
The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank, and publisher. Founded in 1921, CFR is dedicated to being a resource for its members, government officials, business executives, journalists, educators and students, civic and religious leaders, and other interested citizens to better understand the world and the foreign policy choices facing the United States and other countries. CFR, with headquarters located in New York City and an office in Washington, DC, conducts outreach programs to target constituencies nationwide. The organization's 4,700+ members are leaders in global issues and include representatives from a broad range of fields. CFR also publishesForeign Affairs, the preeminent journal on international affairs. CFR provides commentary and analysis about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org, on ForeignAffairs.com, and through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should email, fax, or mail a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources department at the below address. PLEASE INCLUDE THE POSITION NAME IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.