Analyst, EU Advocacy & Research, Brussels
EU Advocacy & Research Analyst, ICG - International Crisis Group, Brussels
Role: As a member of the EU Advocacy & Research unit, the Analyst will support EU policy research and advocacy activities with a particular focus on an assigned geographical region. Responsibilities:
- Provide EU policy advice and thematic research support to field and advocacy staff on issues relevant to Crisis Group’s program activities in conflict prevention and resolution;
- Hold advocacy meetings with relevant officials in the EU institutions and member states when required;
- Maintain contact with Crisis Group advocacy/field staff to disseminate information and ensure consistent advocacy messaging;
- Help coordinate the advocacy itineraries for Crisis Group program and project directors and analysts during their visits to Brussels;
- Draft written material on conflict issues and European policies as directed; and,
- Carry out administrative duties relevant to the work of the EU Advocacy & Research unit.
- Minimum three years professional experience in research and/or European advocacy or policy environment;
- Advanced degree in European studies, conflict studies, political science, international relations or similar;
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills, administrative ability, as well as familiarity with international think tanks, NGOs, and multilateral organisations;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of EU foreign policy and related institutions;
- Sound policy judgment;
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Fluency in English and French required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and,
- Authorisation to work in the EU.
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV, cover letter, and contact details of at least 3 referees. Please send applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , including "Analyst, EU Advocacy & Research" in the subject line.
Recruitment will remain open until 20 January 2014. Please note, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.