Aerospace & Defense Conference Coordinator
SpeedNews is the source for news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries. SpeedNews has published industry-leading newsletters of record written in easy-to-read formats since 1979, has organized annual industry-leading suppliers conferences since 1987, and has hosted a very active Website for the aviation executive since 1995. Penton is seeking a Conferences Sales Manager to join the SpeedNews team in Los Angeles, CA office (only local candidates will be considered).
· Assist the Managing Director of Conferences with coordination and planning, vendor support, research, registrations, production, billing and implementation of SpeedNews Conferences;
· Help with the set up and closing along with billing of all conferences ;
· Administer trade agreements w/ industry associations and other events that our publications participate in and partner with;
· Assist Conference managers with preparing for events that meet the programmatic and quality goals of the events, ensuring flawless experiences for event participants, sponsors, vendor partners, staff and colleagues;
· Maintain strong internal and external communications with all event stakeholders;
· Serve in capacity of liaison with vendors;
· Successfully support multiple projects and department activities with competing deadlines;
· Cultivate and nurture relationships with promotional supporters;
· Facilitate the preparation of material required to work with the team to help support all event-related marketing and collateral materials;
· Prepare name tags, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, and other event materials in a timely manner;
· Help coordinate event staff;
· Respond in a prompt and expeditious manner to all voice-mail, e-mail, and phone messages;
· Manage updates in database; and,
· Other duties and responsibilities assigned as needed.
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within events or conferences;
· Superb follow-through, professionalism at all times, staying on task, and a genuine congenial attitude;
· Excellent verbal/written communication techniques and social skills, ability to multi task and assess priorities, and experience working on their own;
· Strong administrative skills, including coordinate major event activities and scheduling various committee and event meetings;
· Readily accessible via telephone and e-mail for project communication and follow-up;
· Ability to support multiple projects with multiple priorities and objectives;
· High degree of creativity, responsibility, initiative, and professionalism;
· Ability to function as a dependable team player and project support leader;
· Must demonstrate a positive outlook, enthusiasm, high energy, and be self-motivated;
· Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, In Design; and,
· Detail-oriented project management skills required.
How to Apply
Email Dan Katz at email@example.com for more information on the position.
Please follow this link to the application page: http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qgl9Vfwp&cs=9tlaVfwD&page=Apply&j=o1raYfwk.