Academic Program Specialist
The Academic Program Specialist will lead the academic institution relationship management needs in the EMEA region and working with our client HQ staff, will support the development and implementation of tools, resources, and templates to assist faculty, academic institutions and chapters in implementing project management teaching/education and programs. Connectivity and collaboration with the chapter development team as well as other markets is required.
This position will drive implementation of relationship strategies, including developing business rationale, and in conjunction with marketing the positioning, messaging, and promotional activities to reach program goals and audiences. Accelerate adoption of programs and resources. Support the planning and execution of department-wide projects as assigned to maximize delivery of value-driven academic services and programs.
- In collaboration with our client academic and educational programs staff, develop, plan and deliver organization academic outreach programs in the EMEA region, including:
- Organization for the overall program, including planning, execution and reporting to show impact, focused on increasing the awareness and engagement of our client, and the use and adoption of its services and resources among the academic community.
- Guide and review relevant client-generated or external market research; recommend additional research as needed for full understanding of market needs.
- Relationship development with chapters, educational organizations & universities, with focus on developing relationships that support the teaching and preparation of a Portfolio, Program and Projects Managers workforce to meets future staffing needs of employers.
- Staff and volunteer engagement with colleges and universities, with opportunities for long-term relationship development that benefits both the institutions and our client.
- Effective support of faculty and institutions related to project management education & teaching, including identification and development of relevant and engaging outreach topics and content.
- Assure market penetration, progress and positive development of programs, products and services aligned with organization and operational strategy
- Identify, assess and implement applicable opportunities for integration and partnership between Academic and Educational Programs, and Practitioner and Organization Markets,
- Identify new and relevant project management topics that align with higher education needs, as well as related tools to improve overall educational experience related to project management aligned with our client offerings and standards. Conduct assessment and build business plans were applicable.
- Enhance existing collaborative relationships with internal business partners in support of established objectives, and communicate regularly with relevant stakeholders regarding academic programs and outreach.
- Assist with the development of curriculum and educational resources as assigned, for accelerated adoption of products and resources in university settings.
- Ensure development and delivery of high quality programs and services related to worldwide academic needs for identified stakeholders, appropriate for a global target audience.
- Work with integrated plans to identify program and product opportunities supporting key needs for academic community, including executing relevant program or product strategies to support these needs.
- Assist in the development of and contribute to the department’s annual program plan & budget development. Monitor budget expenditures and suggest corrective actions as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, education, or related business discipline. Masters’ degree preferred.
- 5 or more years’ experience working in an academic setting in an administration or program leadership capacity. Teaching experience in a college or university setting also valuable.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of academic culture in higher education setting.
- Develop detailed plans, collect and interpret large quantities of data, and prepare concise summaries of findings.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skill sets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including public speaking and negotiating.
- Strong relationship management skills, including demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff, global customers and partners, volunteers, and external organizations with a track record of positive long term outcome-based relationships.
- Self-initiated problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.