2014 Summer Internship (Unpaid)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) invites applications for its 2014 summer intern program. YPFP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan global organization that fosters the next generation of foreign policy leaders. Interns have the opportunity to work across YPFP to support long-term strategic goals and near-term operational needs.
YPFP’s internships are conducted virtually. Interns will work remotely, but if based in the Washington DC area, have the opportunity to attend staff meetings, events, and functions. Interns will have direct access to YPFP’s executive leadership and senior staff, and will work on some of the most important initiatives and programs that contribute to YPFP’s long-term sustainability and prosperity.
Roles and Responsibilities
There are several major areas where interns would focus, depending on his or her skills, interest, and availability. While interns will have the opportunity to work in other areas, interns would work primarily in:
- Research: collect, analyze, and produce memos, presentations, and summaries on topics related to the future of foreign policy, leadership, and the Millennial generation.
- Social Media: create and moderate YPFP’s social media content for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Programming: plan and support execution of events, including speaker events, happy hours, and leadership incubator modules. This requires a physical presence in the Washington, DC area.
- Global Presence Initiative: Supporting YPFP’s expanding global presence program, which seeks to build grassroots communities of YPFP members in key cities around the world.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Undergraduate student with interest in international affairs and foreign policy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, who is willing to take initiative on special projects
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 10 to 15 hours per week, availability to attend some meetings and events on weeknights (after 5 pm), and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances.
To apply, please send a statement of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Application – YPFP Summer Intern” as the subject line.