At Ward Circle Strategies:
- We are a full service firm. We help our clients with public policy, public affairs, program management, data analytics, and strategic communications.
- We are advisors to leaders in government, at non-profits, and in the private sector.
- We are strategic thinkers with deep experience and key relationships, along with a spirited professionalism that always delivers…often against the odds.
We make things happen for our clients:
Whether we’re working with a large government agency, start-up, international business, or non-profit organization, our hallmark is: Delivering the results you need for the change you want.
Location - 2101 L Street NW, Suite 800, Washington DC 20037
- Conduct policy, industry and client research, and ongoing media monitoring
- Support senior staff in developing communications strategies, pitching materials, media outreach plans, press lists and other collateral materials
- Draft emails, briefings, proposals, and PowerPoint presentations for a variety of projects and initiatives including reports to Congress, follow-up correspondence to clients and senior leaders across the government and nonprofit sector, and ad hoc requests
- Coordinate client and staff meetings, conference calls, travel schedules, staff calendars, time sheets, filing systems, and other administrative tasks
- Bachelors degree and some professional experience
- Interest in marketing, media relations, brand management, crisis communications, and strategic consulting
- Familiarity with public and private policy, including government agencies, non-profits, and start-ups
- Ability to think creatively, and a desire to bring new ideas to the table
- Ability to work both with a team and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent researcher and writer who can effectively translate lengthy information into concise, easy to read content.
- Can work well under the pressure associated with several short-notice deadlines
- Comfortable interacting with high level government and nonprofit leadership
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency in social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Full-time internships are 40 hours per week and pay an hourly rate based on experience and qualifications. Part-time internships are also available. Hours and pay are negotiable.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Teresa Petrovic at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Deadline - Open Until Filled.