Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, non-profit organization with 10,000+ selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York. YPFP is supported by around 150 volunteer staff members worldwide, for whom the leadership and management of a global NGO supplements their daytime career or graduate studies.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing visual presentations and graphics. The position reports directly to the Director, Media Productions, and entails working closely with staff across different departments. Responsibilities include redesigning graphics on YPFP's social media platforms, marketing materials, style guide, and presentation templates.
This position requires approximately 5 hours per week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, and other desktop publishing software.
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail.
- Must have access to the necessary equipment and software
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position. Candidates don’t need to be based in Washington, D.C.
To begin the application process please send a cover letter, your resume and some samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the heading Graphic Designer Application.