Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital, Dalberg Research and Dalberg Global Development Incubator, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions, corporations and governments that are shaping international development. We focus on emerging and frontier markets, tackling topics such as economic development, global health, access to finance, agriculture, energy and the environment, among others. We offer outstanding individuals the opportunity to apply private sector skills to global challenges within an entrepreneurial working environment.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 11 worldwide locations and has successfully completed over 1000 engagements for more than 400 clients. For more information, please visit www.dalberg.com.
The Global Communications Senior Associate contributes to Dalberg’s mission by ensuring cutting-edge development ideas and lessons learned become part of the public conversation. This position leads an intrapreneurial team to execute an integrated strategic communications function across all of Dalberg’s regions, entities, and practice areas during a time of tremendous activity and growth. The Global Communications Senior Associate works with Dalberg’s management team to lead all aspects of communication – publications, social media, media relations, internal and external websites, outreach, analytics, etc. – at a premier social enterprise. The Global Communications Senior Associate also supports the communications needs of the Global Development Incubator (http://www.globaldevincubator.org/).
The Global Communications Senior Associate supports the firm’s communications efforts as a member of Dalberg’s Global Shared Services team, which is led by the COO and reports to the Global Managing Partner. The position can be located in any Dalberg office. This position is for a communications professional, and is not a consultant-track position.
- Work with Dalberg’s management team to design and implement internal and external communication strategies
- Coordinate the dissemination of the firm’s thought leadership projects (e.g. consultant-authored reports and publications), helping authors to improve their publications, make communications & advocacy plans, identify suitable media outlets and pitch articles to potential outlets
- Manage a thought leadership fund which permits staff to dedicate time to creating new ideas and writing articles for external publicationMaintain and grow a database of contacts at international media outlets; write and distribute press releases
- Steward Dalberg community communications channels, including with alumni and staff; oversee a weekly internal update and a monthly newsletter to clients and external contacts
- Ensure maintenance and appropriate use of firm mailing lists, in close collaboration with global operations
- Manage, write for, and coordinate the company blog, social media (Twitter, Linked In, Facebook) and web sites
- Proactively identify industry events and conferences to showcase Dalberg’s work; support Dalberg’s presence at select events
- Work with the Business Development and Recruiting teams to ensure the standard business development materials and the firm’s recruiting communication strategy are coordinated, on-brand, and achieve maximum impact
- Facilitate global coordination, including convening monthly coordination calls with regional communications leads
- Enable partners and staff to build their personal thought leadership brands, including creating and delivering internal trainings and maintaining resources on Dalberg’s intranet
- Collect and present a quarterly analysis of Dalberg’s learning, knowledge, and innovation efforts
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including impeccable English grammar and editing skills
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated interest in global issues such as economic development, public health, education, or environment
- Excellent time and project management skills, a “can-do” attitude, and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Communications-related knowledge and/or experience (professional or academic)
- Familiarity with issues and key players in the development sector
- Knowledge of international media outlets (existing journalism network preferred)
- Experience with web management and HTML, CRM systems, and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and interest in working at an international, fast-growing company
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a top institution
- Experience working with senior officials in the public or private sector
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environment of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
- Experience supporting or creating envelope-pushing research, such as at a think tank or research institute
- Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in developing countries strongly preferred)
- At least four years of previous work experience
- Foreign language skills, particularly French and/or Spanish
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your one-page resume, cover letter, and an original blog post of no more than 750 words based on the Dalberg report of your choosing (http://www.dalberg.com/insightlist.php) tohttp://dalberg.com/careers.php?p=opportunitiesbefore 12:01 a.m. May 20, 2014. Please include the date you are available to begin work and your preferred location in your cover letter. Please do not send any other writing samples.
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited to discuss their interests and experience. As the interviews progress, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at a Dalberg office. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.