Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital, Dalberg Research and Dalberg Global Development Incubator, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions, corporations and governments that are shaping international development. We focus on emerging and frontier markets, tackling topics such as economic development, global health, access to finance, agriculture, energy and the environment, among others. We offer outstanding individuals the opportunity to apply private sector skills to global challenges within an entrepreneurial working environment.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 11 worldwide locations and has successfully completed over 1000 engagements for more than 400 clients. For more information, please visit www.dalberg.com.
The Global Communications team contributes to Dalberg’s mission by ensuring cutting-edge development ideas and lessons learned become part of the public conversation. This intrapreneurial team executes an integrated strategic communications function across all of Dalberg’s regions, entities, and practice areas during a time of tremendous activity and growth. The Communications Intern will assist with all aspects of communication: social media, publications, media relations, internal and external websites, outreach, analytics, and more. In addition, the Communications Intern will be exposed to every major issue in global development – from public health to ICT4D to environmental issues – while getting first-hand experience working in a leading social enterprise.
The Communications Intern will be located in Washington, DC, and will work with our Communications Coordinator, supporting both the broader firm’s communications efforts as a member of the Global Shared Services team. This is a part-time, paid, temporary position for current students, and is not an on-ramp to full-time employment.
The Communications Intern will assist with the following responsibilities:
Support to firm communications and thought leadership activities, to include:
- Prepare communications to internal and external audiences
- Prepare and make updates to firm websites, internal and external
- Update social media channels and track engagement
- Draft communications collateral, as required
- Facilitate public appearances of Dalberg staff, as required
- Assist with management of D. Blog
- Support to project communications, policy and advocacy, to include:
- Identify, assemble and maintain database of policy and advocacy stakeholders on key initiatives
- Identify, assemble and maintain database of potential partner organizations on key initiatives
- Support the communications to disseminate key reports, blogs and other articles to target stakeholders
- Provide events management support for conferences, roundtables and other meetings
- Identify and support press outreach to media contacts and conference organizers
- Impeccable grammar and editing skills
- Communications-related knowledge and/or experience (professional or academic)
- An interest in global issues such as economic development, public health, education, or environment
- Professionalism, good judgment, and a proactive, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner (written and verbal)
- Competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Available a minimum of 15 hours per week (20 preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public or private sector
- Experience supporting or creating envelope-pushing research, such as at a think tank or research institute
- Network of contacts in journalism
- Analytical abilities (quantitative and qualitative)
- Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in developing countries strongly preferred)
- Foreign language skills
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your one-page resume, cover letter, and an original blog post of no more than 750 words based on the Dalberg report of your choosing (http://www.dalberg.com/insightlist.php) tohttp://dalberg.com/careers.php?p=opportunitiesbefore 12:01am ET Monday, May 12, 2014. Please do not send any other writing samples.
Please include the date you are available to begin work and your weekly availability in your cover letter. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We expect to issue decisions by the end of May.