The Future Professionals Assistant Coordinator will assist the Future Professionals Coordinator in the administration of the Future Professionals membership tier for undergraduates. The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive responsibility, personal initiative, creativity, and outstanding communications skills. Ideally, the candidate will possess experience in client services or organizational development.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Future Professionals Coordinator in the development of an effective tier strategy, including outreach, offerings, and membership services.
- Develop and implement outstanding offerings for the benefit of undergraduates.
- Create and develop innovative and engaging materials for the tier.
- Identify and engage partner organizations and universities to assist with growing the tier
- and YPFP’s influence.
- Create the contents for the bi-weekly newsletter.
- Create a social media strategy and manage the Facebook group page.
- Manage and evaluate the current offerings Monthly Calls and Mentorship Program.
- Answer member inquiries sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- YPFP Member (dues-paying), based in Washington, D.C.
- Passion for expanding YPFP’s reputation in the foreign policy community.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills.
- Ability to plan and run events and public speaking abilities highly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple activities, manage priorities and meet tight time-lines.
- Ability to attend a membership department staff meeting once per month.
- Minimum commitment of 5 to 10 hours per week, availability to attend meetings and events on weeknights (after 5 pm), and the ability to respond to email inquiries in 48 hours under normal circumstances.
- One year commitment to position.