YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders who energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector NextGen voices more informed and influential. We promote innovation in international affairs by inspiring, training, and connecting the next generation of global leaders. YPFP believes that today’s most pressing global challenges can most effectively be addressed by nonpartisan, multinational solutions.
The Finance Director works with YPFP New York’s executive leadership to produce comprehensive financial reporting and help YPFP manage its funds effectively as the organization grows. The position will participate in budget planning, grants tracking, expense management, and communication with YPFP’s headquarters in D.C.
This position requires approximately 5 hours a week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role. Please note that this is a volunteer-based position.
The Finance Director reports directly to the Executive Director of the New York chaper.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in budget discussions with YPFP’s Washington, Brussels, and London branches.
- Provide information on YPFP New York financials for board meetings.
- Process reimbursements of branch expenses via Paypal.
- Process YPFP’s payments and bank transfers.
- Support monthly updates of YPFP’s official accounts in Quickbooks (tagging and reconciling transactions, etc.).
- Based in New York
- Available to attend budget calls (flexible scheduling) and occasional meetings.
- Strong Excel and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate financial concepts concisely and clearly.
- Professional or volunteer experience in accounting, finance, budgeting, or nonprofit management is preferred. No Quickbooks experience needed.
Eligibility and Selection
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP and located in the greater New York area. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
To begin the application process please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com, with the subject and heading: Finance Director.