YPFP is a global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 2004 that helps energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector Next Generation voices more informed and influential. Headquartered in Washington, DC, YPFP has branches in New York, London, Brussels, and engages and expanding global community of over 20,000 individuals.
This is an opportunity to join the YPFP team in Washington, DC and be part of an engaged global community of emerging professionals.You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change, and make a contribution to our community of more than 1,000 members.
YPFP is currently looking to recruit a Finance Director, in a volunteer capacity, for a minimum of one year. The Director works with YPFP’s executive leadership, treasurer, and accountant to produce comprehensive financial reporting and help YPFP manage its funds effectively as the organization grows. The position will participate in budget planning, grants tracking, communication with YPFP’s branches, and ensuring that YPFP’s banking runs smoothly.
This position requires approximately 5 hours a week. During high-peak event season, this could increase to as much as 10 hours per week.
The Finance Director reports directly to the President and Chief of Staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with accountant on monthly updates of YPFP’s official accounts in
Quickbooks (tagging and reconciling transactions, etc.).
- Input monthly updates to YPFP’s financial overview spreadsheet.
- Participate in budget discussions with YPFP’s Washington, New York, and
- Present YPFP financials at board meetings.
- Process reimbursements of branch expenses via Paypal.
- Process YPFP’s payments and bank transfers.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Live, work, or study in or near Washington, DC
- Available to attend budget calls (flexible scheduling) and occasional meetings.
- Strong Excel and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate financial concepts concisely and clearly.
- Professional or volunteer experience in accounting, finance, budgeting, or nonprofit management is preferred. No Quickbooks experience needed.
Please note that YPFP is a volunteer-based organization. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Please also note that YPFP staff must be dues-paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Application Process: Please send over a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject and heading: Finance Director.