Are you a motivated and creative individual looking to make a global impact?
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is seeking an Ambassador/Executive Director for Global Hub, YPFP Toronto. The Ambassador/Executive Director will lead the established Global Hub in Toronto, the first in Canada, with a focus on achieving the objectives of YPFP's Global Presence Initiative (GPI). This role is vital to YPFP's growth and ideal for experienced, engaging leaders with a creative and global mindset.
The GPI, one of YPFP's tent-pole initiatives, establishes an organizational goal of expansion into new cities and countries. The YPFP Ambassadors program is the primary way that YPFP identifies new, globally minded leaders in strategically important cities around the world. Ambassadors are chosen from the private, public, and civil sectors and are expected to further YPFP's mission of fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing young professionals with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers.
Once identified, Ambassadors build local communities of YPFP members and connect the global membership of YPFP. Special Advisors and Global Operations direct and support Ambassadors, with the tools necessary to conduct YPFP-branded events, form strategic partnerships with local organizations, build an online presence, and expand their communities over time to establish Global Hubs and, eventually, new branches.
As YPFP Toronto is an established Global Hub, the incumbent will serve as an Ambassador abroad and Executive Director on the ground, and will seek to develop the Hub so that it is well on its way to becoming a branch.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Jointly serves as the primary point-of-contact with the Managing Director between YPFP DC/HQ and YPFP Toronto via Special Advisors and Global Operations
- Jointly manages legal and financial matters with the Managing Director and, as needed, YPFP DC/HQ
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency
- Enables the Directors of the Programming, Communications, Membership, and Partnership Development teams, and their respective staff, to accomplish operational goals
- Coordinates and leads YPFP Toronto staff meetings on at least a quarterly basis
- Ensures that the annual requirements for Global Hub status are met—a meaningful and ideally growing base of Global Members, a meaningful and ideally expanding portfolio of local partnerships, and the hosting of at least one in-person event
- Attends remote meetings with the President, Global Advisors, and/or Global Operations, as requested
- Attends the annual YPFP Affairs of State Gala in Washington, DC
- Periodically attends other Canada-US events in Washington, DC
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Current, dues-paying YPFP member
- The ability to dedicate at least 8 hours per week to YPFP
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Global mindset and creative energy
- Prior experience leading teams
- International experience preferred, particularly in the United States or Francophone world
- Foreign language ability is a plus, French preferred
- Must be able and willing to interact with YPFP members from all over the world in order to facilitate their fostering of YPFP in Toronto
- Experience with a startup is a plus
- Must be able to explain YPFP's mission and how it works to both staff and members
- Must be able to commit at least one year to the role
How to apply
To apply for this position, please contact email@example.com with a letter of interest and resume. Please include the position title in the subject line.