Impact Hub DC is a shared work and event space for a global community of entrepreneurs, activists, creatives, and professionals taking action to drive positive social and environmental change. The first Impact Hub was founded in London in 2005 and has evolved into a rapidly expanding global network of over 7,000 professional members in 50 shared workspaces (and growing) – from Amsterdam to Johannesburg, Singapore to Mexico City. Through our global association and the shared principles of innovation, collaboration and courageous action, we are building a movement. We believe that a better world can be created through the combined accomplishments of compassionate, creative and committed individuals focused on a common purpose - taking a leadership role towards our shared future and making a positive impact.
Location - Washington, D.C.
The Events Manager will play an integral role in the overall success of Impact Hub DC. S/he occupies one of the key external facing roles on our team and is responsible for recruitment, sales, production, and business management of all events in our space. The Events Manager plays a critical role in building the Impact Hub DC brand and driving revenue and will work hand-in-hand with the Managing Director to achieve business objectives. This is the first Events Manager hire at Impact Hub DC, and the chosen candidate will have ample opportunity to shape the role.
- Generate leads and close sales for new and recurring events and associated revenue; point of contact for all space rentals
- Establish and maintain all event-related systems and processes, including master calendar, client agreement and billing
- Overall management of all events including space setup and cleanup, management of external vendors such as caterers, bartenders, facilities support (janitorial services, security guards, etc), A/V
- Interface with facilities manager/landlord and security staff to ensure events have sufficient janitorial & security support; procure event permits, when necessary, and maintain excellent records and practices in accordance with Washington, D.C. laws
- Manage recruitment, training and scheduling of event support work-trade / volunteer staff and contractors
- Manage Event Rental webpage in coordination with Digital Manager; gather event photos and client testimonials for future use
- Work with designated members of the marketing team to keep external calendar accurate and to create effective and accurate event copy (description and details) for all Impact Hub events; share best practices with counterparts across the company and at other Impact Hubs across the U.S.
Our space is open for co-working from 9am to 6pm weekdays and transitions to an event space for community and public events in the evenings. This position requires flexible and evening work hours.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following qualities:
Exceptional organizational and time management skills; knows that the devil is in the details
Ability to prioritize according to strategic business objectives and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Excellent written, oral, copy editing and presentation skills; professional demeanor and poise
Ability to effectively coordinate with a broad group of stakeholders from diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds
Minimum 3 years experience in a fast-paced event production or marketing environment, such as educational programming, hospitality, performing arts and/or conferences; demonstrated experience producing unique and creative events for 100+ attendees
Outstanding people skills with a collaborative management style
Experience creating and managing a budget
- Experience working in a startup environment where not all the rules are written
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by June 30 here.
Deadline - June 30