YPFP believes there is an urgent need for NextGen voices to immediately and positively influence today’s critical foreign policy challenges. Our events are carefully designed to assist our members in the ideation process and to help them determine where to focus their efforts for maximum impact.
YPFP’s Programs Department designs, leads, and oversees YPFP’s extensive member programming opportunities including the Refugee Assistance Program (RAP), YPFP's annual Affairs of State Gala and Fundraiser, and exclusive member events.
YPFP is recognized for holding lectures, roundtables, workshops and intimate gatherings with renowned foreign policy leaders. Our past speakers include the Hon. Michèle Flournoy, Adm. Michael Mullen, former governor Jon Huntsman, Amb. Susan Rice, Amb. Thomas Pickering, Bob Woodward, Joseph Stiglitz, John Hamre, Steve Coll, Ian Bremmer, and former DNI John Negroponte.
The Event Manager is responsible for delivering quality events to engage YPFP members. The position reports directly to the Director of Events and Deputy Director of Events and entails developing and executing events. The successful candidate will possess strong planning and communication skills, a high aptitude for creativity and detail and able to work with others and independently.
Develop and execute events:
- Brainstorm event topics, speakers, and format
- Invite and secure speakers and coordinate with YPFP Thought Leadership Department on selecting a YPFP member to moderate and/or participate in event
- Identify and secure event venue
- Create an event page on the YPFP website and coordinate with YPFP Communications Department on marketing materials
- Act as point of contact and promptly respond to YPFP members questions
- Assist Programs leadership with organizing VIP, high-level, and special events and incorporating YPFP products and services across departments into programming
- Completes all tasks set by the Director of Events and Programs Leadership
- Based in Washington, DC
- Professional experience in event planning and/or international affairs is preferred
- Demonstrated ability work with others and independently to plan and execute events
- Use Google Apps (docs, sheets, slides, forms, etc.) and Podio; training is available
- Available for meetings and events on weeknights (after 5:30/6:00 pm) and weekends
- A minimum commitment of 8 hours per week and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues-paying members of YPFP and located in the greater Washington, DC area. The position is unpaid and part-time. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Send a one-page cover letter and a one-page resume in a PDF file to email@example.com, with the subject line "Event Manager, Programs Application."