The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The Events Staff is responsible for responding to all aspects of Events at CSIS.
• Provides administrative support to all conferencing staff and banquet staff
• Responds to general inquiries from employees concerning CSIS events
• Enters events in the EMS system
• Orders food and beverages for CSIS events
• Monitors all events
• Helps set up rooms for events and meetings
• Assists with monthly reconciliations
• Orders departmental office supplies
• Assists with any special tasks, presentations, projects, and reports
• Performs a variety of other conferencing duties as assigned
• Preference will be given to candidates enrolled in a related program, or has related experience and background of at least two years
• One to two years of conferencing experience
• Knowledge of EMS (Event Management Systems) helpful
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide strong customer service
• Excellent interpersonal skills required
• Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
• Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Ability to work in a team environment
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Performances of duties require the use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The job frequently requires ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and college transcript at https://www5.apply2jobs.com/CSIS.