YPFP operates several focused series designed to provide a platform for more nuanced discussion of key foreign policy issues. Read More
YPFP DC - Careers in Strategic Communications
Tuesday, May 14 | 6:45 PM - 8:00 PM
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
2121 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20433
YPFP is delighted to host a panel of leading practitioners from a variety of sectors to share practical advice in field of strategic communications. The panelists will discuss the marks of an effective communicator, how to hone messaging skills for a variety of audiences, and the best ways to build a foreign policy-focused communications career. The discussion will be relevant to those who are just starting their career and those who have have already spent several years cultivating their craft. Panel members include:
- Gail Chalef - Director of Foreign Affairs, Brookings Institution
- Jennifer Lawson - Director of Arab World Engagement, Center for Strategic Counter-terrorism Communications at State Department.
- Dana Purcarescu - Chief of Protocol and Deputy Press Counselor, French Embassy in Washington, D.C.
- John McNally - Strategic Communications Officer of the IFC, World Bank
- Laura Lartigue - Communications Manager of the Leadership, Management and Governance Project, Management Sciences for Health