YPFP operates several focused series designed to provide a platform for more nuanced discussion of key foreign policy issues. Read More
Digital Diplomacy & Embassy Engagement Luncheon & Workshop
You can RSVP for this event here.
This May, the world gets a bit smaller as foreign embassies in Washington, DC open their doors (literally!) for an up close and personal view into their chanceries and ambassadorial residences. From Passport DC and the EU Open House to the celebrated Embassy Chef Challenge - over 80 embassies will be participating in these notable events, offering ample opportunities for cultural and business connections.
As embassies endeavor to share their culture and national brand, social media plays an increasingly essential role in public diplomacy. And with a constant mandate of informing, engaging and creating new relevant connections, digital diplomacy presents opportunities and challenges -each requiring thoughtful strategies. Join us for a timely and informed look at digital diplomacy best practices and gain insight into today’sglobal statecraft.
- Digital presence of the embassies
- Millennials and their new media skills
- Underused channels and opportunities for collaboration
- Current embassy practices and future media strategies
- Value of blending offline and online engagement
- “Tackling Social Media & Digital Diplomacy: Power, Potential, and Perils,” His Excellency Arturo Sarukhan, Former Ambassador of Mexico, Chairman of Global Solutions, Podesta Group (@Arturo_Sarukhan, @PodestaGroup)
- His Excellency Muktar Djumaliev, Ambassador of Kyrgyzstan (@MuktarDjumaliev, @KgEmbassy)
- Pernille Elbech, Senior Advisor, Public Diplomacy & Press, Royal Danish Embassy (@IamPHIFE, @DenmarkinUSA)
- Embassy of Japan (Speaker TBD) (@JapanEmbDC)
- Lynn Van Fleit, Founder & Executive Director, Diplomacy Matters Institute (@Global_Lady, @Diplomacy_Notes)
- Gary Barnabo, President, Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (@GaryBarnabo, @YPFP)
- Enhance cross-cultural competency and deepen connections with DC’s diplomatic community.
- Amplify digital engagement and knowledge-sharing globally.
- Learn how digital strategies help build trust, linkages and new business opportunities.
- All attendees receive printed handouts with Twitter handles of active foreign ambassadors and embassies - just in time for optimizing digital diplomacy and cultural ties!
Don’t miss this timely program bringing together DC's vibrant international community to share experiences and highlight social media empowerment and innovations.