YPFP operates several focused series designed to provide a platform for more nuanced discussion of key foreign policy issues. Read More
Defense Matters with Carnegie Europe and NATO
What: Defense Matters with Carnegie Europe and NATO
When: Tuesday 26 November 2013, 14:00-18:15
Where: Details to be released to confirmed participants only
Who: YPFP Brussels Members (those selected on their answers on why defense does or does not matter)
As part of the Defense Matters project, Carnegie Europe are hosting a high level conference in Brussels, and YPFP members can win exclusive places!
Following our recent successful event ('Putting a price on security: public perceptions of defence policy and spending') held in conjunction with NATO, we are pleased to offer YPFP members the chance to particpate in this follow up half-day event.
REGISTER: To register, simply fill in this form, and give us a short answer on why you think defense does or does not matter. There are only very limited places available and seats will go to those who provide the best answers!
What does defense mean to you? This event will focus particularly on what defense means for the citizens of NATO partner and ally countries.
Speakers to this exclusive event include:
- Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Secretary General, NATO
- Louise Arbour, President and CEO, International Crisis Group
- Heinrich Brauss, Assistant Secretary General, Defense Policy and Planning Division, NATO
- Etienne de Durand, Senior Fellow, Director of Security Studies, IFRI
- Raymond Knops, Chairman of the Sub-Committee on Future Security and Defense Capabilities, NATO Parliamentary Assembly
Please note: This is a half-day conference that will begin at 2pm on Tuesday 26 November during working hours. Please ensure in advance that you will be able to attend this event. Deadline for registrations is Friday 15 November.