YPFP operates several focused series designed to provide a platform for more nuanced discussion of key foreign policy issues. Read More
2013 YPFP Staff Retreat
What do I need to do next?
- Please RSVP as soon as possible so that we can get an accurate headcount, using the form here.
- Following the prompts on this page, please register for the retreat and pay the $45 participation pay (via PayPal). While YPFP is heavily subsidizing the weekend, we are also asking staff to help lessen the burden on the organization by paying a small fee. Payment includes transportation to and from Bar-T, lodging, 4 meals, activities, and great memories. And yes, Saturday night drinks are included!
- Review the attached suggest packing list.
- Look out for more reminders and details and get excited for a great weekend!
Do I need to provide my own transportation?
- Nope! A bus from Bar-T will be picking up the group and taking us to the retreat center. The same bus will take the group back on Sunday after lunch. Precise details on when and where the bus will pick up from DC are forthcoming.
- If for any reason you need to provide your own transportation, please let us know and we will gladly provide driving directions.
What will we do there?
- Although a full agenda for the weekend is forthcoming, we can tell you know that this weekend is meant for team building, in-depth discussion and strategizing, and gearing up for another great year together. We'll have some structured meetings and breakout sessions as well as team building/staff bonding. As usual, we'll adjourn to the outdoor bonfire on Saturday night!
What should I bring? See the attached list that Bar-T provides. The most important items on that list are:
1) comfortable clothes and shoes (check the weather ahead of time for Frederick, MD to gauge what kind of layers to bring)
2) sleeping gear (Bar-T provides bunk beds but you need to bring whatever bedding you prefer--that means pillows, blankets, sleeping bag, etc).
We can't wait to see everyone for another memorable staff retreat!