Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, non-profit organization with 10,000+ selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York. YPFP is supported by around 150 volunteer staff members worldwide, for whom the leadership and management of a global NGO supplements their daytime career or graduate studies.
The Director of Marketing leads a small team of marketing specialist in identifying and meeting the marketing needs of YPFP and its constituent departments and divisions. This position reports to the heads of the Communications Departments, but also works directly with leaders across the organization. While the Director of Marketing participates in the development of materials, he or she is also instrumental in helping others in YPFP identify their marketing needs and help them articulate their vision. Internally, the Director supports their team in the timely and professional production of materials and makes sure that YPFP branding and promotion is consistent and effective. This position generally requires 5+ hours per week.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a small team of marketing specialists, and represent this team to the leadership of the department.
- Work across the organization to help other departments identify and articulate their marketing needs and strategies.
- Work with your team and across the organization to produce effective marketing materials and help execute marketing strategies.
- Ensure consistency and professionalism of the YPFP visual brand and messaging.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, as well as creative thinking. Will need to help a diverse group of YPFP leaders brainstorm and articulate their marketing needs.
- Ability to lead a small team, keep them on schedule and effectively coordinate their work with wider departmental and organizational priorities.
- Experience in marketing, branding and the production of visual materials.
- Experience working with software used in the production of professional visual materials.
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP and located in the greater Washington D.C. region. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
To begin the application process please send a cover letter, your resume and some samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the heading Director of Marketing Application.