Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) seeks a Director of Development based in New York. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and Managing Director of the New York branch of YPFP.
The Development Director will be responsible for helping the Executive and Managing Directors and other staff to maintain and expand YPFP: NY’s relationships with partner organizations. The Development Director will also assist executive leadership with developing a fundraising plan and identifying new sources of funding from private foundations, individuals, and government grants, among others.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creating a development strategy to be implemented in conjunction with the fundraising efforts of YPFP headquarters, located in Washington D.C.
- Engaging in research to identify new individual, foundation and government prospects.
- Evaluating options for elevating the visibility of YPFP in New York
- Regular communication with NY executive leadership and the DC-based development team when appropriate
Eligibility & Qualifications:
- YPFP membership (must be current)
- nonprofit fundraising/development experience
- familiarity with foreign policy topics
- excellent written communication, research and organizational skills
- ability to prepare financial reports
- interest, enthusiasm and affinity for fundraising and working with people
The successful applicant will be self-motivated and work well within the volunteer structure of the organization.
Please send a brief statement of purpose and resume/CV to Kara L. DeDonato, Executive Director of YPFP: NY, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 15, 2014. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.