YPFP is a dynamic, nonpartisan organization that provides a platform for a new generation of internationally-minded leaders to tackle the most pressing global challenges. The organization is at a critical inflection point for growth and innovation, and primed for a motivated, creative, detail-oriented leader who is excited to champion transformational change and drive strong organizational performance.
Founded in 2004, YPFP has grown from a small startup to a global nonprofit 501(c)3 registered and headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in New York, London, Brussels, and an expanding global presence around the world. YPFP has more than 17,000 young people engaged and reaches thousands more over social media.
The Communications Department encompasses YPFP’s marketing, public relations, and social media teams. The Department addresses both day-to-day externally facing communication needs of the organization as well as long-term, cross-sectoral strategy.
The Content Manager leads, plans, and manages strategy for all digital content creation as well as the day to day management of finding stories within YPFP to share with external audiences.
- Writes copy for web and social media that accurately promotes YPFP, including stories about members, staff and the organization.
- Works with events, membership, HR, and thought leadership teams to share stories from staff and members as well as draft posts to promote membership, the organization, activities, events and staff positions.
- Works with the rest of the communications department (newsletter, web, social media, PR, marketing/ branding) to provide content they need and assist with any writing they may need help with.
- Attends various YPFP events and activities searching for stories to share including events, Refugee Assistance Program activities and discussion group meetings.
- Works with our Hubs Liaisons to discover what is going on in branches and hubs around the world and then turn those updates into compelling stories for social media, newsletters, and the website.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Experience with social media and web writing required
- Experience with Hootsuite prefered but not required
- Naturally curious and a keen interest in storytelling
- Passionate about the organization and the work that our staff/ members do
- Self starter who enjoys taking initiative and is comfortable working both alone and on a team
- Skills with photographer a plus but not required.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Based in Washington, DC.
- Willing to commit 4-5 hours a week to the organization
- Ability to meet twice a month for staff meetings.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with your resume and a statement of interest (500 words or less).
Please note that all YPFP staff positions are unpaid and on a volunteer basis. You must be a dues-paying member to be offered a volunteer position.