The Millennial Action Project (MAP) has an audacious mission: make political cooperation a norm through Millennial leadership. As polarization and gridlock paralyzes America’s political system, our generation must create a new politics and govern our nation into the future. MAP is a national, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit start-up dedicated to activating Millennial policymakers and leaders to create post -‐ partisan political cooperation.
Location – This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. Some travel may be required.
As a member of the Executive Committee, the Development Director will spearhead MAP’s strategic development and fundraising operations to support the growth of the organization.
• Overseeing fundraising operations across the country
• Targeting and recruiting bundlers and donors, as well as building and maintaining relationships with those supporters
• Project managing fundraising events and ongoing call time operation
• Developing and implementing a mid-tier and grassroots fundraising program
• Cultivating and developing relationships with corporate and foundation funders
• Overseeing contribution processing program
• Overseeing donor research program
• Training and leading finance interns and volunteers to support fundraising efforts
• Responsible for meeting monthly and quarterly fundraising goals
• At least 2 years of experience as a successful fundraiser for a nonprofit, campaign or committee
• Experience staffing high-level fundraising meetings and events
• Strong partnership building and event planning/management skills
• Experience coordinating and managing schedules of high-level political leadership or corporate executives
• Strong research skills and a grasp of non-profit fundraising
• Email/online fundraising and list growth experience
• Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to flexibly adapt to unforeseen events/circumstances
• Willingness to travel
• Sincere commitment to MAP’s mission of working across partisan lines and an intuitive understanding of MAP’s message
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume, along with any relevant examples of your work and writing (can be online link or as attachment), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline – Applications will be accepted until position is filled.