The mission of The Washington Institute is to advance a balanced and realistic understanding of American interests in the Middle East and to promote the policies that secure them. The Washington Institute is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible.
The Washington Institute for Near East Policy seeks a dynamic individual with a passion for writing, promotion, and current events to join our Communications team, one of the most effective in Washington, D.C., as a development and communications associate. Working in a fast-paced setting, the individual must be organized, poised, pro-active, and detail-oriented. To apply, please visit http://bit.ly/TWI-DCA .
The associate is an integral contributor to a holistic communications strategy which combines online, print, and earned media to support the Institute’s mission “to advance a balanced and realistic understanding of American interests in the Middle East and to promote the policies that secure them.” Institute staff members -- renowned experts drawn from academia, government, intelligence, and the military -- provide cutting-edge research which is widely circulated among policymakers and cited in the press. The Development and Communications Associate will report to the Director of Communications but will work with both the Development and Communications departments.
- Outreach to a sophisticated target audience of donors and prospects through issue-oriented emails, event invitations, Board of Directors reports, and other collateral.
- Assisting with media monitoring, media relations, audio-visual systems, multi-media presentations, development research, policy mailings, conferences and special events.
- Coordination with and support for Institute personnel in Washington, D.C., U.S. regional centers, and abroad.
- Participation in high-level Institute meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Nuanced understanding of U.S. policy toward the Middle East and the ability to communicate about that policy with clarity and sophistication.
- Ability to write compelling material quickly and accurately.
- Familiarity with donor relations, marketing, and public relations.
- Competence with the Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of CMS and HTML is helpful.
Full-time employees are offered a generous benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuting benefits, flexible spending accounts, ample paid time off, and retirement savings program.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter, resume, and writing samples at http://bit.ly/TWI-DCA. The Washington Institute for Near East Policy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
September 30, 2014