Staff Opening: Deputy Director, Development
YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders who energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector NextGen voices more informed and influential. We promote innovation in international affairs by inspiring, training, and connecting the next generation of global leaders. YPFP believes that today’s most pressing global challenges can most effectively be addressed by nonpartisan, multinational solutions.
The Deputy Development Director will be responsible for supporting the Development Director and other YPFP staff to maintain existing professional relationships and expand partnerships with a diverse range of organizations to enhance our membership opportunities. The Deputy Director will also assist the leadership with developing a fundraising plan and identifying new sources of funding from private foundations, individuals, universities, government grants, and others.
This position requires approximately 5-10 hours a week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role. Please note that this is a volunteer-based position.
The Deputy Development Director reports directly to the Development Director of the New York chatper.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting YPFP’s DC headquarters and other chapters in implementing a development strategy
- Engaging in research to identify new prospective partnerships and funding sources
- Evaluating options for elevating the visibility of YPFP in New York
- Regularly attending networking functions to represent the YPFP brand
- Nonprofit fundraising/development experience
- Familiarity with foreign policy topics
- Excellent written communication, research and organizational skills
- Ability to prepare financial reports
- Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for fundraising and working with people
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP and located in the greater New York area. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
To begin the application process please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject and heading: Deputy Director, Development.