POLITICO is a nonpartisan, Washington-based political journalism organization that serves as the one-stop shop for the fastest, most in-depth coverage of the White House, Congress, politics and policy. Founded in 2007 by John F. Harris & Jim VandeHei, who came to POLITICO from The Washington Post. POLITICO has more than 300 individuals on staff, including more than 150 on the editorial side.
Online, POLITICO receives between 7 and 8 million unique visitors and 50 million page views in an average month, with users each spending an average of 13 minutes on the website, according to comScore.
Location - Washington, D.C.
POLITICO is seeking a Data Analyst to manage the reporting, aggregation and insight growth across POLITICO. This person will work regularly with key stakeholders across multiple divisions, including Advertising, Marketing, Business and Technology, to identify gaps in data information and produce actionable data intelligence. This role will enable the ideal candidate to use learned intelligence from data to help shape the company’s strategy for marketing, business and advertising.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel and quantitative analysis. Statistics experience or skills with advanced tools is a plus, but not required (eg. R, VBA, Stata, SPSS).
- Prior experience with web analytic tools, including but not limited to Adobe Marketing Cloud, Lotame, Qualtrics, GfK, Radian6.
- Experience extracting actionable recommendations and insights from disparate data sources.
- Experience packaging business intelligence and insights into clear and digestible presentations and reports, and communicating and presenting them to executives. Familiarity with PowerPoint is a must.
- Preferred understanding and knowledge of online advertising, Web analytics or related functions.
- Preferred working knowledge of advertising tools, including social, search and behavioral.
- Preferred background in business, economics, statistics, mathematics or comfort with quantitative analysis and business strategy.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
How to Apply
Send a résumé, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with this in the subject line: BUS0035
Deadline - Open Until Filled.
POLITICO, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veterans status or any other reason prohibited by federal, state or local law.