Location - CSIS National Headquarters, Ottawa (Ontario).
Psychologists at the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) play a pivotal role in the organization’s national security mandate – and in keeping Canada safe. The applied psychology section is seeking applications for the position of Research and Development (R&D) psychologist.
Among other things, the members of this small unit are tasked to assist the Service in better understanding radicalization and terrorism. To this end, they have the opportunity to conduct applied research on trends, behaviours and other relevant aspects of ideological extremism, using internally generated data. The work also requires the ability to develop and validate assessment instruments that contribute to the advancement of our knowledge in this challenging and rapidly changing field.
- Four (4) years of *relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience of applied research methods
- Knowledge and experience of descriptive and inferential statistics used in the social sciences
- Knowledge and experience of test construction applicable to the development of in-house assessment instruments
- Ability to use SPSS and Excel
* Relevant experience is defined as experience in applied research and development in the Social Sciences within the last 10 years.
How to Apply
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy by clicking Apply Now and quote reference number 15-968-08-040 in your cover letter.
Deadline - n/a