Are you a motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, looking to make a global impact?
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is seeking a Coordinator to help facilitate our Global
Leaders Program. The Coordinator will help spearhead YPFP's unique invite-only tier by assisting
the Global Leaders Executive Team in developing and implementing the Program’s ongoing
initiatives: members-only programming that includes prominent speakers and executive leadership
discussions, mentorship opportunities, organized sessions to provide YPFP with advice on strategic
issues, and support in growing one’s individual brand (e.g. publishing, speaking engagements, etc.).
This role offers unprecedented opportunities to develop and apply your leadership and organizational
skills with a dynamic network of bright, aspiring foreign policy professionals. Our volunteers are
responsible for YPFP's success, and they see their contributions make an impact every day.
The Coordinator will assist the Executive Team in a variety of duties to help make sure that Global
Leaders have a valuable membership experience, including but not limited to: assisting with
mentorship events, arranging breakfast, lunch, and dinner member meetings, coordinating with senior
speakers, managing teleconference calls, and general support to the Executive Team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a knowledgeable point-of-contact for Global Leaders
- Assists the Executive Team with programming, membership outreach and communication, event-planning, and strategic planning
- Liaises with the Executive Team, members, and other YPFP functional areas to support the operations of the Global Leaders Program
- Attends Global Leaders meetings in Washington, DC and conference calls
- Provides regular updates on progress and challenges to the Chair and Senior YPFP Staff
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Current, dues-paying YPFP member
- The ability to dedicate at least 5-10 hours per week
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills
- Self-motivated team player and willing to take initiative
- Personable and flexible
- Global mindset and creative energy
- Prior event-planning experience
- Foreign language ability is a plus
- Must be able and willing to interact with Global Leaders in a professional and thoughtful manner, as well as communicate with YPFP members from all over the world
- Must be located in Washington
- Must be able to explain YPFP's mission and how it works to current and potential members
- Must be able to commit at least a year to the role
How to apply
letter of interest and resume. Please include the position title in the subject line.