The European Civil Society Platform on Lifelong Learning (EUCIS-LLL) gathers 36 European organisations working in education and training. It was created with the purpose of involving the different educative actors as closely as possible in the dynamics of discussing and implementing the policies and actions of the EU. The platform raises awareness and promotes lifelong learning at European and national levels. It is currently looking for a Communications and event officer.
Working with a very small and polyvalent team in the heart of Brussels, the Communications and event officer will have to be able to deal with various tasks. This job requires a lot of flexibility, creativity and a strong willingness to work in the field of lifelong learning.
- Writing and editing communication tools to promote our organisation, our events and projects;
- Updating the website, Intranet and our social media;
- Developing our website (videos, members’ areas) and be pro-active in developing our channels;
- Editing and sending our newsletter;
- Working on events’ programmes (methods and contents);
- Practical planning of events (invitations, registrations, travel arrangements and room bookings);
- Liaising with our institutional and private partners for the organisation of events;
- Other related tasks.
- Work experience preferably in the NGO sector and/or education or training organisations;
- Very strong writing and editing skills;
- Website development experience and knowledge of design softwares such as inDesign;
- Native or near native competences in English. Another language is an asset;
- Interest on lifelong learning policies;
- Capacity to adapt to the platform’s culture while being source of proposals;
- A good knowledge of the EU institutions.
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility;
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a multinational context;
- Being action-oriented, responsible, creative and willing to take initiative;
- Being motivated to promote lifelong learning;
- Having an eye for detail and knowing to keep to deadlines (even under pressure).
Candidate must have a Masters degree in European studies, Lifelong Learning, Political Sciences, Communications or be qualified by experience
Starting date: 13 April 2015
Contract: full time (38,5 hours / week)
Closing date: 25 March 2015
More info about us: www.eucis-lll.eu.
How to apply:
send your CV and cover letter to Audrey Frith (email@example.com) together with a sample of your past work.