YPFP is a global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 2004 that helps energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector Next Generation voices more informed and influential. Headquartered in Washington, DC, YPFP has branches in New York, London, Brussels, and engages an expanding global community of over 20,000 individuals.
YPFP San Francisco – Opportunities
We’re currently looking to recruit a Communications Officer, Social Media Officer in a voluntary capacity, for a minimum of six months. The successful candidates will work under the direct management of the Executive Director and of the Director of Communications to develop and enhance YPFP San Francisco’s presence across new media and with relevant San Francisco stakeholders. In particular, they will help us expand and improve our internet presence, with a view of increasing our outreach. This is an opportunity to join the growing team of YPFP San Francisco and be part of an engaged global community of young professionals interested in global issues. You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change and make a contribution to our growing community.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Minimum commitment of 6 months (preferably more)
- Ability to commit 3-5 hours per week (excluding attendance at events and meetings)
- Live, work, or study in or near San Francisco, CA
- Self-motivated with an ability to demonstrate initiative
- Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels
- Interest in and knowledge of global affairs
- Some experience with creative work (website layout…) is preferred
Please send a short cover letter and CV/Resume to YPFP San Francisco’s Executive Director, Francesca Ginexi, at email@example.com. Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that events are published (on the website) and reminders are sent in a timely fashion
- Help us improve and update the format and layout of our website
- Help us maintain our Twitter and Facebook page
- Assist in creating a weekly newsletter using Mailchimp
- Able or eager to learn how to use NationBuilder email system
- Work alongside YPFP San Francisco staff and members to brainstorm ideas on content
- Contribute new ideas on how to increase the profile of YPFP in San Francisco
- Embrace ad-hoc projects within the Communications team
- Occasionally, take photos at events
Please note that YPFP San Francisco is a volunteer-based organization. All staff members are non- remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity. Please note that YPFP staff must be dues paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Looking forward to hearing from you!