Founded in 2002, the Center for Middle East Policy at Brookings brings together the most experienced policy minds working on the region, and provides policymakers and the public with objective, in-depth and timely research and analysis. Our mission is to chart the path—political, economic and social—to a Middle East at peace with itself and the world.
Location – Washington DC
The Research Assistant (Arab-Israeli Relations) provides research assistance and administrative support in the Center for Middle East Policy (CMEP) in the Foreign Policy (FP) program at Brookings. Conducts research on Middle Eastern politics and U.S. policy toward the Middle East, with a focus on Israeli and Palestinian politics and Arab-Israeli relations; provides general administrative support as necessary.
- Conducts relevant research for Fellows, Senior Fellows, and Visiting Fellows as assigned.
- Reads relevant literature as directed; monitors regional media including regional language sources; prepares written summaries and analyses of relevant research areas.
- Collects and analyzes information; assembles relevant material including press reports, interviews, government data, documents, seminars, and reports from a wide variety of sources including academic literature, library and Internet searches, the local media, social media, NGOs, journalists, diplomats, and others in the field.
- Writes summary reports, briefing memos, bibliographies and chronologies; compiles abstracts, summaries, and analyses; synthesizes books and articles.
- Attends meetings and writes summary reports of outside policy briefings, conferences, forums, and symposiums.
- Updates and checks existing data and footnotes; helps with editing and proofreading of publications; posts materials to Brookings website.
- Works with CMEP, FP, and central Communications staff to support events, including the annual Saban Forum.
- Provides administrative, communication, and logistical support to Fellows, Senior Fellows, Visiting Fellows and CMEP assistant director as assigned; helps coordinate with events and programs; schedules appointments and makes travel arrangements; prepares expense reports; copy edits and proofreads as needed; prepares and edits correspondence and memos.
- Maintains paper and electronic files and databases of materials on relevant topics.
- Works with appropriate staff to prepare and revise content to update web pages of Fellows, Senior Fellows, and Visiting Fellows with new research, event information, and other webpages as assigned.
- Provides general assistance for CMEP, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in international affairs, political science, or related area with emphasis on Middle East politics preferred. Minimum two years of relevant work experience required. Excellent written and spoken English is required. Hebrew language skills required; Arabic language skills desirable. Competence in other regional languages will be considered. Strong academic record, outstanding research, writing, and analytical skills required. Must be currently authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
How to Apply - https://psrecruiting.brookings.edu/psp/eRecruit/RECRUITING/HRMS/s/WEBLIB_BKAPPLY.APPLY.FieldFormula.IScript_ApplyNow?JobOpeningID=15096