Often, when people think of space, their minds go directly to NASA, rocket science, and space exploration. While those are important aspects of U.S. space policy, they are not the only ones. There are a whole host of regulatory, legal, diplomatic, security, and political issues which shape space policy and require people with a wide variety of backgrounds to meet the challenges that they raise.
The Secure World Foundation is delighted to co-host, with Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP), an evening reception that will bring speakers from military, policy, development, and legal backgrounds to discuss their roles and careers in space policy. Please note that all speakers will be participating in their personal capacity only and not speaking for their organizations.
- Sandra Erwin, Military Space Staff Writer, SpaceNews
- Sara Langston, CEO & Principle Consultant, Senmurv Consulting
- Sarah Mineiro, Staff Lead, Strategic Forces, House Armed Services Committee
- Audrey Schaffer, Director, Space Strategy and Plans, Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Krystal Wilson, Director of Space Applications Programs, Secure World Foundation
- Moderator: Victoria Samson, Washington Office Director, Secure World Foundation
When: Thursday, August 23, 2018
Where: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
1779 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
Event: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
1779 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20036
Google map and directions